BPC Script Logic: SQL Syntax (Hands-on Workshop)
Understanding and developing SQL syntax scripts (using *WHEN structures) is crucial to writing script logic. Attend this platform-neutral session, applicable for organizations running BPC 10.x for NetWeaver and HANA or Microsoft, to learn the necessary skills for writing your own logic scripts and understanding existing ones. This course will feature hands-on exercises in a BPC 10.1 NW environment.
Exercises will include:
• Calculating a bonus (as a hard-coded) percentage of salary
• Calculating a bonus (stored in a driver) as a percentage of salary
• Calculating payroll tax (as a hard-coded) percentage of salary
• Calculating payroll tax (as a hard-coded) percentage of the sum of salary and bonus
• Calculating payroll tax (stored in a driver) percentage of the sum of salary and bonus
• Scoping work
• Multiplying actual records by a percentage and write to forecast
Who should attend:
• BPC administrators with basic experience working in logic files written by others who are curious about SQL syntax (*WHEN) script writing
• Basic BPC administration and EPM Add-in knowledge required
Equipment required: Please bring a laptop (and charger!) for use during this session.