BPC Script Logic: Allocation Syntax (Hands-on Workshop)
Understanding and developing allocation syntax scripts (using *RUNALLOCATION structures) is crucial to writing script logic. Attend this platform-neutral session, applicable for organizations running BPC 10.x for NetWeaver and HANA or Microsoft, to learn the necessary skills for writing your own logic scripts and understanding existing ones. This course will feature hands-on exercises in a BPC 10.1 NetWeaver environment.
Exercises will include:
• Multiplying actual records by a percentage and write to forecast
• Calculating a bonus (stored in a driver) as a percentage of salary
• Allocating IT expenses to an IT allocation account based on each cost center’s headcount
• Allocating IT expenses to a corporate allocation account based on each cost center’s headcount
• Performing disaggregation to write the salary evenly to months after users enter forecast salary data to a year total member
• Setting up a waterfall allocation to allocate expenses from non-revenue generating cost centers to revenue-generating cost centers
Who should attend:
• BPC administrators with basic experience working in logic files written by others who are curious about allocation syntax (*RUNALLOCATION)
• Basic BPC administration and EPM Add-in knowledge required
Equipment required: Please bring a laptop (and charger!) for use during this session.